2.21.2008

Two.




Rest in peace, dearest iPod headphones. You will be missed greatly. All the good times we shared will not be forgotten. Painting class of Fall '05 (when I accidentally smeared green paint all over you - oops), hundreds of trips back and forth across campus in blistering heat, gale-force winds, and bone-chilling cold, and for the abundance of music you've brought straight to my eardrums for the past two-and-a-half years. I've even forgiven you for the few times the volume was left too loud and you nearly ruptured my eardrums. To be honest that was partially my fault anyway.

I hope you will not be offended at my need to replace you. Please discuss your previous duties with the New Kid In Town and show him the ropes. It is to my understanding that you have outlasted others' original headphone life by about two years, and for that I am terrifically grateful. Your unmatched loyalty will not go forgotten.

-----

The Pirate Pad is under serious illness. I believe Katherine will be departing for home this weekend, and so I will be left here to my own devices.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

at the wake for the earbuds i'll sing "Total Eclipse of the Heart." that's how sad i am.